The Edmonton Police Service and the Alberta Motor Association (AMA) are teaming up to reinforce the message to holiday shoppers that they can prevent theft from vehicles.
Vehicle crime can happen to anyone – any vehicle is susceptible.
Take the following precautions will help prevent theft from your vehicle:
- Park in well-lit areas at night
- Remove the ignition key and activate the steering lock
- Lock your doors and close all windows
- Remove all personal items from your vehicle
- Don’t leave your vehicle running
- Take extra keys out of your vehicle
- Report any suspicious activity to police
In addition to vehicle theft, you need to also be aware of licence plate theft:
- Licence plate theft is occurring in our city.
- Criminals will use stolen licence plates when committing crimes.