Southeast Division members are committed to providing the best policing service possible to our communities. This requires an effective balance between community engagement, traffic safety initiatives, response to calls, policing identified hot spots and monitoring offenders.
The approximate boundaries of Southeast Division include communities south of the North Saskatchewan River and east of Gateway Boulevard to the city limits. We have good relations, and share information with the RCMP in the adjacent communities.
To provide the best policing service possible, Superintendent Dean Hilton and Inspector Graham Hogg work with over 160 sworn and civilian personnel who are assigned to Southeast Division. The dedicated members of Southeast Division are tasked with various assignments and functions including: patrol response, traffic safety, Beats, offender management, division reception, and criminal investigations. All of these functions are supported by our administrative staff. We also rely upon many volunteers who support our operations through Victim Services, Front Counter Reception and Community Patrol.
Southeast Division is fortunate to have partnerships with the parole and probation officers, as well as the community capacity builders who work within our facility. We also rely upon the good relations developed between our police membership and the general public. However, the most important relationship, for all members of Southeast Division, is the one we have with the general public.
Southeast Division's Event Participation:
Although Southeast Division will participate in a variety of community events, personnel are unable to accommodate all requests.
Tips for citizens residing in Southeast Division:
We rely upon the citizens of Edmonton to work in collaboration with the police to make our city as safe as possible.
- We encourage all individuals to review the tips for personal safety and crime prevention.
- Suspicious activity or crimes in progress should be reported promptly to the police.
- On-line reporting is available for a variety of incident types to make reporting easier.
- Front counter reception is available most days from 8AM-8PM (closed on most statutory holidays) to address walk-in complaints that are not acceptable for on-line reporting or where patrol response is not required.
- Patrol response is appropriate for situations like crimes in progress or where a crime scene and evidence exists that requires investigation.
You can follow Southeast Division on Facebook!