Soosay will be residing in the Edmonton area. The EPS is seeking a court order on Soosay and he will be monitored by the EPS’ Behavioral Assessment Unit.
Soosay’s risk of offending behavior increases significantly if under the influence of intoxicants. He has been known to use weapons during the commission of his offences. Soosay also has a history of intimate partner violence, including sexual violence.
Soosay has been placed on a series of court ordered conditions, including:
- He must live at a residence approved by the Provincial Court or his Supervisor, and must not change that address until he has received written approval from his Supervisor.
- He must abide by a curfew of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily, unless a varied time is approved in writing by his supervisor.
- He will not have any guests at his residence during his hours of curfew unless they have been identified and approved by his supervisor.
- He must not purchase, possess or consume any alcoholic beverages. He must not consume or possess any drug listed in the schedule of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, including any prescription drugs not prescribed to him or any other intoxicating substances, with the exception of cannabis.
- He will not have or allow any other person to have alcohol or cannabis products at his residence.
- He must not possess any drug paraphernalia such as crack or marijuana pipes, self-made pipes of any kind, e-cigarettes, bongs, water pipes, syringes or cigarette papers other than rolling papers for cannabis use.
- He must not be in any licensed premise other that a dining room for the sole purpose of have a meal. Must not attend at any liquor store.
- He must not travel out of the City of Edmonton without written approval of his supervisor or the Provincial Court of Alberta.
- He must immediately report to his Supervisor or designate any motor vehicle he may acquire or have access to including the year, make, model, VIN and license plate number.
- He must not be in possession of weapons of any kind, including knives (except in his residence or at a restaurant for the sole purpose of consuming a meal), bear spray or dog spray, firearms, ammunition, explosive material, or any weapons whether homemade or otherwise.
- He must not enter into a dating, intimate, or sexual relationship with any female or any friendship with a female until her identity has been disclosed to his Supervisor or designate. The female is to be informed of his previous offending by his Supervisor or designate.
Anyone with any information about any potential breaches of these conditions by Soosay is asked to contact the EPS at 780-423-4567.
The Edmonton Police Service is issuing this information and warning after careful deliberation of all related issues, including privacy concerns, in the belief that it is clearly in the public interest to inform the members of the community.
Name: Jared Owen Soosay, 24
Weight: 153 lbs
Members of the public are advised that the intent of this process is to enable citizens to take suitable precautionary measures. Releasing this information is NOT intended to encourage people to engage in any form of vigilante action.
This information is released under the authority of the FOIP Act, RSA 2000, C. F-25.
The information in this release is that which was verifiable prior to the release time indicated. Continued investigation and review could result in additional information or clarification.