Edmonton Police Service logo

Commitment to Professionalism - Reduced Crime & Victimization - Investigative Excellence - Increased Efficiency & Effectiveness
Copyright © 2022, Edmonton Police Service. All rights reserved.

Edmonton Police Service

Dedicated to Protect, Proud to Serve

Collision Reporting Centres

Starting September 29, 2022, Edmonton Police Service front counters will no longer be processing collision reports. All collision reporting will be directed to one of two Collision Reporting Centres (CRC) in the Edmonton area.

What is a Collision Reporting Centre?

The CRCs in Edmonton is a partnership between Edmonton Police Service and Accident Support Services International (ASSI) providing post-collision assistance to motorists. Following minor collisions, involved individuals report to a CRC to have ASSI staff assist them in completing a police report.

ASSI operates CRCs in several Canadian communities in conjunction with local police services, including Toronto, Grande Prairie and Medicine Hat.

What does this change mean for motorists?

If motorists need to report a collision they have been involved in, they will do so at one of two CRCs. They will no longer be able to report collisions at an EPS front counter, Starting September 29, 2022.

Attending a CRC to report a collision provides a more personalized process and a one-stop-shop following a collision, with ASSI staff providing the necessary guidance to file a report in a safe and efficient manner.

Starting September 29, 2022, the Edmonton North and South CRCs will be open 7 days a week.

What will be the locations of the CRCs?

ASSI will be opening two CRCs: one in north (15750 116 Avenue) and one in south (5805 87A Street) Edmonton.

When to report a collision

If you have been involved in a collision, please follow the steps outlined on this page.

According to the Alberta Traffic Safety Act, motorists involved in a collision where the combined damage to all vehicles involved is over $2,000 must be reported. Failure to do so could result in a $405 fine. If motorists are unsure of how much the damage is, they can attend a body shop for an estimate.

If the damage is under $2,000, motorists do not need to report the collision.

Is your collision outside the City of Edmonton?

To report a collision outside the City of Edmonton, please contact the police service responsible for that area.

When police will attend a collision

Regardless of the CRCs opening, police will still attend serious collisions involving a fatality, serious personal injury requiring EMS, impaired driving, stolen vehicles, assault, transporting of dangerous goods, etc.

View this page for more information on when police will attend a collision.