This is a key outcome of all EPS business activities. It represents the results of adhering to the Service’s Core Values of Integrity, Accountability, Respect, Innovation, Courage and Community. It involves striving for excellence in all activities aimed at providing the best possible policing services to the City of Edmonton. It also involves adhering to four key cornerstones of organizational effectiveness which include Leadership, Accountability, Communications and Relationship Building.
As a professional police organization, all employees of the EPS contribute to this reputation and therefore professionalism applies to everybody, all of the time.
The EPS continues to implement initiatives aimed at professionalism, some of which include:
- Complaint Reduction Initiatives (Early Intervention Program)
- Leadership development training/education
- Training and Education (Investigative Skills Education Program, etc.)
- Reasonable Officer Response (ROR)
- Information Management Approval Centre (IMAC)
- Reduction in public complaints
- Chief’s Advisory Council public education
- Victim Services Unit
- 911 Dispatch – Reduction in abandoned calls
- 911 Dispatch – Increase in efficiency
- Increased response to crime scenes.