Downtown Division strives to be an integral part of the communities in central Edmonton. It embraces the EPS mission statement, “To increase public safety through excellence in the prevention, intervention and suppression of crime and disorder.”
Downtown Division will achieve this goal by reducing fear of crime and victimization, creating safer public spaces, and demonstrating strong moral judgment and empathy as a policing agency will make Edmonton one of Canada’s safest cities. To that end, the Edmonton Police Service is committed to improving the quality of life in its communities through ethical, proactive policing to the highest achievable standards.
Please note: The front counter at Downtown Division will be closing early on June 23, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. due to maintenance. If you require assistance, please visit another EPS station.
The approximate boundaries of Downtown Division are as follows:
To the South: the North Saskatchewan River
To the East: Kinnaird Ravine and small section of Virginia Park
To the North: 111 Ave
To the West: 124 St to 104 Ave, then 121 St between 104 Ave and 111 Ave.
Why citizens should visit Downtown Division:
- To report incidents such as: vehicle collisions, crimes, suspicious activity, traffic complaints, found property, check on welfare, etc.
- Dispose of firearms and ammunition (please leave them in your vehicle upon arrival)
- Request a Police Information Check (Security Clearance Check) for employment, to be a volunteer, for travel, and other requirements.
- Request an Alarm Permit for a residential or commercial property
- Request a copy of an EPS file
- Deal with an arrest warrant
- Consult directly with a police officer for information/advice.
Downtown Division's Event Participation:
With 8 beat policing teams and a community liaison office, Downtown Division members attend and participate in numerous community events. Our division is a leader in community policing and ensures that we are a visible presence for residents and visitors alike.
Examples of events are:
- The annual McCauley Cup which is a hockey game between EPS members and the children of McCauley.
- The K-Days parade
- Many of the festivals hosted in Churchill Square
- Community League Events
Downtown Division welcomes everyone to, "Come and enjoy all the diverse businesses, restaurants and events that the centre of Edmonton has to offer!"
Visit Downtown Division's Facebook page for the latest news.
Download the Downtown Division Community Information Booklet