IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY
DIAL 9 – 1 – 1 for all life threatening situations & crimes in progress
In all cases of an emergency involving a life threatening situation, or a crime in progress, dial 911 immediately. Your call will be answered by an Operator who will direct your call to Police, Fire or Ambulance.
It is very important to state your emergency clearly, and to verify the location that you are calling from.
FOR NON-EMERGENCY CALL OR WHEN THERE IS NO NEED FOR AN IMMEDIATE RESPONSE
DIAL 780-423-4567 or #377 (#377 access only works within city limits)
- If you require the attendance of a police officer at your location
- If you require advice on how to proceed with a criminal report
- A non-violent crime has already been committed, and there are no suspects or evidence
- Reporting minor, nuisance crimes, where no violence is involved
- You are involved in a vehicle collision but have not sustained injuries, and your vehicle is driveable
- Your bike or personal property was stolen
- Your vehicle was broken into and items were stolen
- Your property or valuables were vandalized
- You see suspicious persons or activities
- You need to find out how to bail someone out of jail
- You have a general question about policing
If you require the attendance of a police officer to your location, but this is NOT a crime in progress, call 780-423-4567 or #377 (from a mobile device) to reach the Police Complaint Line. The Police Evaluator who takes your call will assess the appropriate service for your needs. This will range from a police unit being dispatched to your location to advice being given on how to respond to a Police Station to file a report.
INTERACTIVE VOICE RESPONSE (IVR)
IVR automates the non-emergency (780-423-4567) phone line so that callers will be able to select from a menu that will provide two general call paths:
1 - for “Questions or Information” calls and 2 - for “Complaint” calls.
Callers will be able to obtain information directly from IVR including:
- Police Station locations, phone numbers and hours
- Switchboard information and hours
- Information on how to report a crime online
- Vehicle Collisions Reporting
IVR will also automatically transfer callers, based on the reason for their call. This includes transfers to:
- Police Information Check Section
- Detainee Mgmt. Unit (Arrest/Person-in-Custody enquiries)
- Landlord Tenant and Advisory Board
- Tow Lot
- Bylaw Enforcement
- City of Edmonton 311
The IVR system will facilitate many common call types, reducing the need for call taker intervention. Callers can still be transferred to a call taker if the nature of their call requires it.
TO CONTACT EPS DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS
9620 - 103A Avenue
Edmonton, AB. Canada
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
To email the EPS, please use the form below.
This email account is not monitored 24-7. Be advised the Edmonton Police Service will not respond to reports of crime or calls for service via email or by fax.
If this is an emergency dial 9-1-1. To report a crime that is NOT in progress, provide updates to investigations or require police presence for a non-criminal matter call 780-423-4567 or #377 from your mobile.
For recruitment information or to talk to someone about becoming a police officer, please visit www.joineps.ca.
Unfortunately, our forms do not currently support the &, <, and > characters. Please remove them from all fields.