Edmonton Police Cadet Corps
The Edmonton Police Service Cadet Corps is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year.
The Edmonton Police Cadet program is focused on the development and preparation of youth in becoming responsible citizens through leadership-based activities, teamwork and community volunteering. This will be accomplished through the Edmonton Police Service core values and partnership with community programs.
The Cadet Corps program reinforces four core values that mirror those of the Edmonton Police Service:
- Citizenship – participating in community events alongside key partners to increase valuing service and diversity competency.
- Leadership – giving opportunity for young people to develop and grow in their personal resiliency. Opportunities to increase confidence and lead peers will be available
- Pride & Discipline – sessions are designed to challenge the mind, body and self. Participants will receive assignments that will require teamwork in order to reach final goal. Young people will develop an understanding of respect and trust.
- Challenge – The program works hard at provide personal and team challenges that provide youth with a new realization of what they can achieve.
In order to be eligible for the program, youth must:
- have a keen interest in policing and considering a future career in law enforcement
- be of 16 - 18 years of age; 16 years of age at date of program start and no older than 18 years of age or older upon application submission
- have completed application assignment (provide current resume and cover letter )
- have 1 written letter of reference – (Professional, volunteer or academic reference); no family or friends references
- be attending school full time.
- provide a recent report card from school
- undergo a screening process which includes an Enhanced Police Information Check. (this check includes a review of immediate family members and residents of the household)
- undergo fitness testing and a panel interview
- maintain a high level of integrity
- maintain a minimum 85% attendance record with program
- have Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident status;
- have no criminal convictions or association with known criminals
Programs will meet on Wednesday between 1800 – 2100 hrs. All participants are required to complete 40 hours of volunteer service the program term. A variety of opportunities will be provided to participants.
CLICK HERE for the Application Package
Complete the application package for the Edmonton Police Cadets Corps. This package is to be completed and submitted only if you can meet the requirements outlined below. Before proceeding with an application, review the minimum requirements. Once completed submit the application and associated documents online to email@example.com.
Applications will be received between March 1 and May 31.
For more information on the Cadet Corps program email: firstname.lastname@example.org.