Now accepting applications!
Are you a high school student interested in a career with the Edmonton Police Service?
The Edmonton Police Service Youth Recruit Academy (YRA) gives you the opportunity to fill the boots of a recruit constable. The 2022 Youth Recruit Academy will be held July 5th – 8th at Northwest Division.
You will learn physical fitness, develop team building and leadership skills, and participate in Police structured lectures and scenarios from various police units such as Canine, Robbery, Air 1, Traffic, and Forensics.
The program takes 40 outstanding high school students and is run by the Edmonton Police Service School Resource Officers. You can watch this video to see a summary of what attending the academy is like.
Please note a selection process will take place on all applications depending on specific requirements.
- You must currently be in Grade 10, 11 or 12 for 2021-2022 school year, with good attendance.
- You have no criminal convictions for which a pardon or record suspension has not been granted.
- You have no associations with those who are known to have an extensive criminal record.
- Must be committed to attending all 4 full days, from 0800 to 1600.
Please note there is no registration fee, lunches and snacks are not provided and must be peanut free.
Selection to the program will take place after the application deadline. You will be contacted after this date.
If you are accepted, you will be required to attend an evening meeting with your parent/guardian approximately 2 weeks prior.
Application deadline: Friday, May 20th, 2022
Find the application forms here:
* If the PDF application does not load, download it to your computer Desktop. Then right
click the PDF on your computer Desktop and select “open with…” select to open
the document with Adobe Reader. This should successfully launch the PDF and
allow you to fill it out and email it in.
To get more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for considering the Edmonton Police Service Youth Recruit Academy.