Careful consideration should be given to the recency, relevancy and seriousness of any information disclosed in a Police Information Check. The existence of any pattern of behaviour relevant to the position being sought or that may have an impact upon public safety should be seriously considered.
All ‘clear’ Police Information Checks will be mailed to the applicant within 7 business days from the date of receipt of payment.
If your Police Information Check is required in less than 7 business days for immediate employment purposes, your application may be processed ‘on the spot’ at the Police Information Check location. Please note that a Police Information Check should only be requested when an offer of employment has been made.
For your convenience, a Police Information Check application can be submitted at your nearest Edmonton Police Service divisional or community station if one of the following does not apply:
- existence of a criminal record,
- security guard, locksmith or loss prevention officer related purposes, or
- verification of a photo.
Applicants submitting an application at a divisional or community police station that requires the results of a "clear” Police Information Check to be sent directly their employer, must also complete and submit a Third Party Consent form. This form must be signed in the presence of a member of the Edmonton Police Service.
#108, 14315-118 Avenue Nexus Business Park
The Police Information Check Section is located on the west side of 142 Street and is accessible from either 142 Street or 118 Avenue. Ample free parking is available.
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Wednesday - 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- CLOSED on all weekends and statutory holidays.
Applicants can attend their nearest divisional or community station to submit a Police Information Check application. ‘Clear’ Police Information Checks will be completed and mailed out within 7 business days of receipt of payment.
- Employment & Post-Secondary Practicums - $48.
- Immigration/Travel/Visa - $48. For Canadian Citizenship/Permanent Residency, bring your Citizenship and Immigration Canada Request for Fingerprints" letter if fingerprinting is required.
- Volunteers with a registered non-profit organization - $15. A letter from the volunteer agency written on the agency's letterhead must be provided.
- Day home/Day care/Adoption/Kinship/Foster care/Homestay - $48 for one applicant or $75 for 2-5 applicants.
- Security Guard or Locksmith licence - $55. Bring a photo as specified by the Alberta Justice and Solicitor General to be signed by one of our representatives.
All fees include GST.
The Police Information Check Section location accepts cash, debit card, credit card, personal cheque, certified cheque, bank draft, or money order. All cheques, drafts and money orders should be made payable to ‘City of Edmonton.'
Personal cheques, certified cheques, bank drafts and money orders are accepted forms of payment at divisional and community stations. Cash, debit card and credit cards are not accepted at divisional and community police stations.
Two pieces of identification must be produced. One piece of identification must be a valid government issued identification including a photo. For example:
- Driver’s Licence or Identification Card
- Nexus Card
- Permanent Residence Card
- Indian/Metis Status Card.
The second piece of identification can be any identification that includes your full name and signature. The Police Information Check Section reserves the right to accept or refuse any forms of identification. Expired identification cannot be accepted.
Proof of Edmonton residency is required for applicants requiring a Vulnerable Sector Check. Documentation must be provided verifying a current Edmonton address. This can include a recent utility, electricity, gas or telephone bill, bank statement, property rental agreement, insurance policy documents (life, auto, residential), etc. dated within that last 90 days. The Edmonton Police Service cannot conduct a Vulnerable Sector Check for individuals not residing in Edmonton.
Please note that a Police Information Check requiring a Vulnerable Sector Check can only be conducted by a police service.
All emails and phone messages received outside of regular business hours will be returned on the next business day.
Police Information Check Section
Edmonton Police Service
9620 – 103A Avenue
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Click to download the Police Information Check Application Form
Do you need fingerprinting for a civil purpose? Please see our FAQs for more information.