Police Information Check Section News
The Police Information Check application can be downloaded and printed directly from this website.
- The Police Information Check office will be CLOSED on Monday September 2nd for the Labour Day holiday.
- Please be advised that the Edmonton Police Service fee for all fingerprinting services will increase from $25.00 to $50.00 effective Monday, August 18, 2014. This does not include the additional $25.00 fee collected on behalf of the RCMP for Vulnerable Sector checks or for some types of prints. Additional sets of fingerprints will cost $15.00 each.
- On the Spot Service - please note that this service is available for Employment and Post-Secondary purposes only and if there is no information to disclose.
- Customers are advised that Mondays and the day following a statutory holiday are typically our busiest days and therefore wait times are longer.
- Customers should also note that our hours of operation on Fridays are 8:00am until 12 noon.
- Please Note - Applicants that have a criminal record will be required to attend the Police Information Check Section and should not submit applications at a divisional or community station.
- Changes have been implemented relating to the frequency in which applicants who are required to submit fingerprints for the purpose of a Vulnerable Sector search will be required to provide their fingerprints. Applicants who have been fingerprinted after July 31, 2010 and were positively determined to not be a pardoned sex offender will no longer be required to be fingerprinted each time that a Police Information Check application is made if there has not been a change in the applicant’s criminal history or a period of four or more years does not exist from the date of the last Edmonton Police Service Information Check.
Our Commitment to You
Police Information Check Section is committed to making Edmonton a safe city to work and play. Anyone requiring a Police Information Check for immediate employment purposes or a post-secondary education practicum can now obtain their completed check “On the Spot” with only one visit to the Police Information Check Section location - pending the completed check does not contain any information relevant to the nature of the application. All Police Information Check applications that contain relevant information or are received from a divisional/community station or by mail will be completed in 14 days or less. Police Information Checks not completed “On the Spot” can either be picked up in person or mailed directly to you.
Why Obtain a Police Information Check rather than a Third Party Criminal Records Check?
A Police Information Check will not only list all criminal convictions, but will also list all upcoming court appearances in Alberta in addition to any Edmonton Police Service records information that may be relevant to the nature of the application. Most criminal records checks will only indicate whether or not an applicant has a criminal record and will not provide any details relating to the nature of the criminal convictions. A criminal records check obtained through a third party will not list upcoming court appearances or Edmonton Police Service records information. Obtaining information regarding upcoming court appearances or Edmonton Police Service records information is critical to the applicant screening process because although an individual may not possess a criminal record, they may have upcoming court appearances or Edmonton Police Service records information that may present a risk to your organization. Please refer to the FAQ’s for additional information regarding the Police Information Check process. If further assistance is required, please call our Police Information Check information line at 780-421-2801 or send us an email at email@example.com.
#108, 14315-118 Avenue Nexus Business Park
The Police Information Check Section is located on the west side of 142 Street but can be accessed either from 142 Street or 118 Avenue. There is ample free parking and the location is serviced by Edmonton Transit.
Police Information Check Hours of Operation
- Monday to Thursday – 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M
- Friday – 8:00 A.M. to 12 noon (Please note that Police Information Check Section closes at 12 noon on all Fridays)
- CLOSED on all weekends and statutory holidays
Customers are advised that Mondays and the day following a statutory holiday are typically our busiest days and therefore wait times may be longer.
Two (2) pieces of current government issued identification is required to obtain a Police Information Check. Please be advised that one of these pieces must be photo identification. The following forms of identification will be accepted:
- ALBERTA MOTOR REGISTRIES ID (Driver’s Licenses or Identification Card)
- CNIB ID CARD
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- INDIAN STATUS CARD/METIS STATUS CARD
- IMMIGRATION PAPERS
- CITIZENSHIP CARD
- PERMANENT RESIDENCE CARD
- FIREARMS ACQUISITION CARD
- NATIONAL DEFENSE CARD
- WIN CARD
- CANADIAN BLOOD SERVICES
- PROVINCIAL HEALTH CARE CARD with full name (not initials)
- SOCIAL INSURANCE NUMBER (SIN) card
Police Information Check Section reserves the right to accept or refuse any other forms of identification.
Expired or photocopies of identification cannot be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE : If acceptable identification is not provided applicants will be fingerprinted to verify identification.
Police Information Check Section Contact Information
If you have any questions regarding a Police Information Check Application, please call us directly at 780-421-2801 Monday to Thursday between 10:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. and Friday 8:30 A.M. to 12 noon. If you are calling outside of normal business hours, please leave a message or send us an email and your call or email will be returned within 24 hours.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org All emails will be answered within 24 hours.
Police Information Check Section
Edmonton Police Service
9620 – 103A Avenue
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Police Information Check Options
The Edmonton Police Service understands the importance of receiving a Police Information Check in a timely manner and has developed the following Police Information Check application processing options to serve you better and save you time. Please be advised that “On the Spot” Application Processing and “Pay and Go” Application Submission and Payment are only available at the Police Information Check Section location.
1. On the spot
On the spot processing is available when a Police Information Check is required for immediate employment purposes or a post-secondary education workplace practicum. This option allows you to receive a completed Police Information Check, pending you have no information to disclose, with just a single visit to the Police Information Check Section located at #108, 14315 118 Avenue. There is no additional charge for this service but due to its popularity, there may be significant wait times.
2. Pay and Go
The Pay and Go option allows you to drop off and pay for a Police Information Check application at the Police Information Check Section located at #108, 14315 118 Avenue. Your application will be completed in 14 days or less and can be either picked up at the Police Information Check Section or mailed to you.
3. Community & Divisional Station Application Drop Off
Police Information Check applications can be completed and paid for at any Edmonton Police Service divisional or community station. These applications will be completed in 14 days or less and will be available for either pick-up at the Police Information Check Section or mailed to you. Please be reminded that either a certified cheque or a bank draft made payable to 'City of Edmonton' will be required to pay for a Police Information Check application made at a community or divisional station. If you do not require your completed Police Information Check in less than 14 days, submitting your application at a community or divisional station can save you time. If you have a criminal record you will be required to attend the Police Information Check Section office.
Download and print out your form:
Your feedback is extremely important to us so please send us your comments at email@example.com or call us at 780-421-2801 to let us know how we are doing.