The Edmonton Police Service has a number of service options available to make the Police Information Check process as easy as possible.
#108, 14315-118 Avenue Nexus Business Park
The Police Information Check Section is located on the west side of 142 Street and is accessible from either 142 Street or 118 Avenue. Ample free parking is available.
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Thursday – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- CLOSED on all weekends and statutory holidays.
Starting on November 3, 2014 the Police Information Check Section will be closing at 5:30pm Monday to Thursday for members of the public.
Longer than average wait times can be expected at the Police Information Check Section location on Mondays and any day following a statutory holiday.
Cost and Documents to Provide
- Employment & Post Secondary Practicums - $48
- Immigration/Travel/Visa - $48 - For Canadian citizenship/permanent residency, bring your "Citizenship and Immigration Canada Request for Fingerprints" letter if fingerprinting is required.
- Volunteers with a registered non-profit organization - $15. Must provide a letter from the volunteer agency, written on the agency's letterhead.
- Day home/Day care/Adoption/Kinship/Foster care/Homestay - $48 for one applicant or $75 for 2-5 applicants.
- Security guard or locksmith licence - $55. Bring a photo as specified by the Alberta Justice and Solicitor General to be signed by one of our representatives.
All fees include GST.
The Police Information Check Section location accepts Cash, Debit, Credit, Certified cheque, Bank Draft, or Money Order. Certified Cheques, Bank Drafts and Money Orders should be made payable to ‘City of Edmonton.'
*EPS Divisional or Community stations cannot accept cash or debit card.
**If you would like to pay by credit card, provide the name and phone number of the cardholder on the application form. A PICS employee will contact the cardholder to process the payment.
Identification to Provide
You will need to bring two pieces of valid government issued identification. One piece of idenitifcation must include a photo. For example:
- Provincial Driver’s Licence or Identification Card
- Nexus Card
- Permanent Residence Card
- Indian/Metis Status Card
The second piece of identification can be any identification that includes your full name and your signature.
All emails and phone messages received outside of regular business hours will be returned on the next business day.
Police Information Check Section
Edmonton Police Service
9620 – 103A Avenue
Edmonton, AB, Canada
- Please be advised that the fee for all fingerprinting services, excluding the fee collected on behalf of the RCMP for Vulnerable Sector checks, has increased from $25.00 to $50.00 Additional sets of fingerprints will cost $15.00 each.
- Applicants who MUST attend the Police Information Check Section location only:
- Those with a criminal record (You will have the option of either self-declaring your criminal record or providing fingerprints to confirm your criminal convictions).
- Applicants for the purpose of employment as a Security Guard
Click to download the Police Information Check Application Form