The Edmonton Police Service has a number of service options available to make the Police Information Check process as easy as possible.
#108, 14315-118 Avenue Nexus Business Park
The Police Information Check Section is located on the west side of 142 Street and is accessible from either 142 Street or 118 Avenue. Ample free parking is available.
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Thursday – 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- CLOSED on all weekends and statutory holidays.
Notice to Customers:
In an effort to avoid long wait times, sometimes as high as 120 minutes, customers not immediately requiring a Police Information Check are strongly encouraged to submit their Police Information Check application at their nearest Edmonton Police Service divisional or community police station.
'On the spot’ processing service at the Police Information Check Section location is only available for immediate employment or post-secondary practicum purposes.
Also be advised that longer than average wait times exist on Mondays or any day following a statutory holiday. Please see below for application fees and payment options.
Customers who submit applications at divisional or community police stations who require the results of their clear Police Information Check to be sent directly to their employer, must also complete and submit a Third Party Consent form. You must sign this form in front of an EPS member and have that member witness your signature.
Applications cannot be submitted at divisional or community police stations in the following situations:
- You have a criminal record
- You are a security guard, locksmith or LPO
- You require a photo to be verified
Customers can expect clear Police Information Checks to be completed within 7 days or less.
Cost and Documents to Provide
- Employment & Post-Secondary Practicums - $48
- Immigration/Travel/Visa - $48 - For Canadian Citizenship/Permanent Residency, bring your "Citizenship and Immigration Canada Request for Fingerprints" letter if fingerprinting is required.
- Volunteers with a registered non-profit organization - $15. You must provide a letter from the volunteer agency, written on the agency's letterhead.
- Day home/Day care/Adoption/Kinship/Foster care/Homestay - $48 for one applicant or $75 for 2-5 applicants.
- Security Guard or Locksmith licence - $55. Bring a photo as specified by the Alberta Justice and Solicitor General to be signed by one of our representatives.
All fees include GST.
The Police Information Check Section location accepts Cash, Debit Card, Credit Card, Certified Cheques, Bank Drafts, or Money Orders. Certified Cheques, Bank Drafts and Money Orders should be made payable to ‘City of Edmonton.'
*EPS Divisional or Community Stations cannot accept cash or debit card.
**If you would like to pay by credit card, provide the name and phone number of the cardholder on the application form. A Police Information Check Section representative will contact the cardholder to process the payment.
Identification to Provide
You will need to bring two pieces of valid government issued identification. One piece of identification must include a photo. For example:
- Driver’s Licence or Identification Card
- Nexus Card
- Permanent Residence Card
- Indian/Metis Status Card
The second piece of identification can be any identification that includes your full name and your signature.
For applicants requiring the vulnerable sector search included in their Police Information Check, proof of Edmonton residency is also required. You must therefore provide documentation to verify that you do reside in Edmonton, such as a recent utility, electricity, gas or telephone bill, bank statement, property rental agreement, insurance policy documents (life, auto, residential, etc.). The document should be dated within the last 90 days.
The Police Information Check Section reserves the right to accept or refuse any forms of identification. Expired identification cannot be accepted.
All emails and phone messages received outside of regular business hours will be returned on the next business day.
Police Information Check Section
Edmonton Police Service
9620 – 103A Avenue
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Click to download the Police Information Check Application Form
Do you need fingerprinting for a civil purpose? Please see our FAQs for more information.