Edmonton Police Service logo

Commitment to Professionalism - Reduced Crime & Victimization - Investigative Excellence - Increased Efficiency & Effectiveness
Copyright © 2024, Edmonton Police Service. All rights reserved.

Edmonton Police Service

Dedicated to Protect, Proud to Serve

Reporting Abuse

  • Call 911 if this is a spousal violence incident in progress, or if the threat of danger is immediate.
  • Try to give the police your name, address and phone number. Provide as much additional information as circumstances allow.

Let them know if:

  • your life is in danger
  • you are injured and will need an ambulance
  • there are weapons being used and if so, what type.
  • there are drugs and alcohol involved.
  • there are children (or others) present in the home.
  • there is a history of violence.
  • there is a protection order, peace bond or restraining order in effect.

If there is not an immediate concern for your safety, i.e. you are at a place of safety unknown to the abuser, report to the regular police line: 780-423-4567.

Distress & Crisis Lines

Police & Ambulance:  911
Police Complaint Line:  780-423-4567

Support Network 24-Hour Distress Line:  780-482-4357
Edmonton Sexual Assault Centre 24-Hour Crisis Line:  780-423-4121
Kids Help Line:  1-800-668-6868
Child Abuse Hot Line:  1-800-387-5437
Teens Helping Teens:  780-428-8336

To obtain EPOs or other protection orders please contact the Edmonton Protection Order Program at 780-422-9222.