780-423-4567 / #377 from an Edmonton mobile
Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
IVR automates the non-emergency (780-423-4567) phone line so that callers will be able to select from a menu that will provide two general call paths:
1 - for “Questions or Information” calls and 2 - for “Complaint” calls.
Callers will be able to obtain information directly from IVR including:
- Police Station locations, phone numbers and hours
- Switchboard information and hours
- Information on how to report a crime online
- Vehicle Collisions Reporting
IVR will also automatically transfer callers, based on the reason for their call. This includes transfers to:
- Police Information Check Section
- Detainee Management Unit (Arrest/Person-in-Custody enquiries)
- Landlord Tenant and Advisory Board
- Tow Lot
- Bylaw Enforcement
- City of Edmonton 311 * Due to the hourly changes for the City of Edmonton 311 call centre, please note that our 911 service is for emergencies only and a reminder that our complaint line is for non-emergent policing matters. For all City of Edmonton questions/concerns, please continue to call 311.*
The IVR system will facilitate many common call types, reducing the need for call taker intervention. Callers can still be transferred to a call taker if the nature of their call requires it.
911 is for emergencies where life, safety, or property is in immediate danger or there is a crime in progress.
If you have a complaint against an EPS member, please visit our Concerns area.