- Call 911 if this is a spousal violence incident in progress, or if the threat of danger is immediate.
- Try to give the police your name, address and phone number. Provide as much additional information as circumstances allow.
Let them know if:
- your life is in danger
- you are injured and will need an ambulance
- there are weapons being used and if so, what type.
- there are drugs and alcohol involved.
- there are children (or others) present in the home.
- there is a history of violence.
- there is a protection order, peace bond or restraining order in effect.
If there is not an immediate concern for your safety, i.e. you are at a place of safety unknown to the abuser, report to the regular police line: 780-423-4567.
Distress & Crisis Lines
Police & Ambulance: 911
Police Complaint Line: 780-423-4567
Support Network 24-Hour Distress Line: 780-482-4357
Edmonton Sexual Assault Centre 24-Hour Crisis Line: 780-423-4121
Kids Help Line: 1-800-668-6868
Child Abuse Hot Line: 1-800-387-5437
Teens Helping Teens: 780-428-8336
To obtain EPOs or other protection orders please contact the Edmonton Protection Order Program at 780-422-9222.