Five-O Motorsports is a non-profit volunteer group of EPS officers. We are a motorcycle racing team providing education and promoting safe riding. As representatives of the Edmonton Police Association, the City of Edmonton, and our sponsors, we conduct ourselves professionally, courteously, and with pride.
You can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube!
Community Policing Partnership
We make several appearances throughout the community. This is where we speak with everyone from children to seniors. We display our bikes in malls, auto shows, and parades in order to expose the program and our sponsors to the public and deliver our message.
Although there is no way to measure the success of the program as related to decline or incline of street racing, we encourage all young persons to test their abilities at a safe, sanctioned race track. As a team, we joined the Edmonton Motorcycle Racing Association where we can race in a safe and controlled environment - unlike the streets of Edmonton. Together with our local track, Castrol Raceway, we hold approximately 20-22 Street Legal race events each year. We have had a tremendous show of support from the young drivers in the community, averaging 175 participants and 1500 spectators at each event. We invite riders of all ages to come out to the track to see what the fun is all about.
Our program specifically targets young persons ages 14-25, while most other programs are geared for the elementary student. We talk about traffic safety and our theme is anti-street racing. We discuss their abilities to operate a vehicle in a safe and responsible manner. We use the race bikes as a means to get the attention of the youth in our communities. We have made dozens of appearances at schools, community events, and at the race track.
If you'd like to send a request for an appearance at your event, feel free to send us a message on our Facebook profile.
- Attended the Edmonton Motorcycle Show January 13th-15th with Honda Extreme, having our
race bikes on display and interacting with patrons about motorcycle safety and our program.
- Attended Las Vegas Motor Speedway for Mopars at the Strip, Police and Fire Challenge.
James Kendrick represented Edmonton Five-O & Canada well taking home a trophy for best
reaction time running, 0.00 perfect reaction time!
- Attended EMRA fundraiser representing our team and supporting the EMRA and riders in the
- On May 30th attended the am class and pm classes at the West End Preschool doing a safety
presentation and taking picture with the students.
- Street Legal Drag Racing at Castrol Raceway May 26th.
- Competitive racing with the EMRA, at Castrol Raceway, May 27th and 28th.
- Street Legal Drag Racing at Castrol Raceway June 23 rd.
- Competitive racing with the EMRA, at Castrol Raceway, June 24th and 25th.
- On June 24th as part of the Make A Wish Foundation, Edmonton Five-O, took Jackson around
in a Police race car on the race track having race bikes do stunts all around him.
- Attended the Rocky Mountain Nationals at Castrol Raceway, having the bikes on display, as
well as, drag racing against other police race vehicles, July 14th- July 16th.
- July 21st, participated in the K-Days Parade with the Edmonton Police Service for their
celebration of 125 years of service.
- Competitive racing with the EMRA at Castrol Raceway July 28th-30th.
- Attended Hot August Nights at Castrol Raceway competing against other Police race cars on
- Attended Heritage Days at Hawrelak Park with the Edmonton Police Service having the
motorcycles on display August 4th-6th.
- Attended the Camrose Cruisers drag racing event held in Forestburg, where James Kendrick
took home a first place trophy beating out all the other competitors.
- Attended Full Throttle at Castrol Raceway competing with other Police Agencies as well as
civilian racers August 25th-27th.
- Attended Borden Park for Edmonton Police Service’s Picnic in the Park, having the bikes on
display and allowing kids to get pictures and rev the bikes on August 20th.
- Competitive racing with the EMRA at Castrol Raceway September 1st-3rd.
- Attended EM Plastic open house having the bikes on display along with Blue Line Racing.
- Attended the Edmonton Police Association Show and Shine September 10th at Blue
- On October 4th, attended Holy Spirit Elementary for read and week promoting safety.
- October 14th attended the EMRA Banquet at ED’s Rec Room
- November 4th attended Castrol Raceway’s year end appreciation night.
- November 12th, attended EMRA fundraiser representing our team and supporting the EMRA
and riders in the community.
- Hosted the EMRA AGM at the Southeast Division Police Station.