To download a copy of the Alarm Permit Application, click here.
An alarm systems permit can be obtained by submitting an ”Alarm Permit Application“ along with the $30.00 registration fee to the Alarm Control Detail. This can be done through one of the following methods:
- By mailing your application including payment by cheque made payable to the City of Edmonton, to:
Alarm Control Detail
Edmonton Police Service
Edmonton, Alberta, T5H 0H7
- In person by attending any Edmonton Police Service divisional police station. Cash and debit card are not accepted at any divisional station. Payment at any police station can be made by cheque or money order made payable to the “City of Edmonton”.
Please contact the Alarm Control Detail office at 780-421-3410 for further information.
Alarm permits and decals will be mailed to the alarm permit applicant within 5 days of receipt of the application by the Alarm Control Detail.
Note: In order for the Edmonton Police Service to accurately and promptly provide service to all your alarms, please ensure the Alarm Control Detail is kept up to date with contact information for you and your keyholders.
To update your alarm permit information, please email with the following:
- Alarm permit holder name(s) & phone number(s)
- Alarm permit number
- Key-holder names & phone numbers (at least 2 are required)
- Alarm system/monitoring system company