Register Your Bike’s Serial Number — with Bike Index!
EPS is unable to return bikes to people who cannot prove ownership. To make this easier on our cycling community, we have partnered with Bike Index to provide a free bicycle registration service.
1. Sign up with Bike Index for free at BikeIndex.org.
2. Input your bike's serial number, make, model, colour and your contact information. Include a photo too!
3. Pick up your free unique EPS & Bike Index sticker at an EPS front counter or participating bike shop.
4. Store the bill of sale in a safe place. If you're buying used, ask for a receipt.
Click here to learn more about the EPS and Bike Index program.
Lock up your bike
1. Always lock up your bike. A high-quality U-lock is recommended. Learn more about how to secure your bike from Bike Index.
2. Theft can occur anywhere – homes, parkades, or city streets.
Report Bike Theft to Police
1. File a police report online or in person at a division station.
2. If your bicycle is registered on Bike Index, mark it as "stolen" so the community and police officers can be provided with real-time data on your bike.
3. If you believe your bicycle has been recovered by police, click here for details on how to recover your bike.