Are you interested in shaping a police service to better serve members of BIPOC, underserved and diverse communities? The new Chiefs Community Council is not intended to be a “Diversity Council” but rather, it will be guided by those who experience marginalization, racism and discrimination. If you are looking for a meaningful way to contribute to your community, the CCC might be just the opportunity you are looking for.
What is the CCC? The CCC is looking for members to fulfill its mandate of:
- Commitment to Action Recommendations
- Broader engagement and communication
- Emerging Communities Framework recommendations
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a group of diverse people with a keen interest in advising EPS on policy, process, operations, communication and engagement. In addition to interest in, or experience working with or for BIPOC and diverse communities, interest or experience in the following would be considered an asset:
- Working with community or civic organizations
- Providing advice and recommendations to a large organization
- Considering diverse perspectives
- Implementing new policies in a large organization
- Developing and implementing work plans
- Collaborative decision making
- Monitoring, reporting and evaluating outcomes
- A two (2) year term that begins in January 2023
- A minimum of 2-5 volunteer hours a quarter
- Attend 4 regularly scheduled meetings of the CCC during the year
- Additional meetings may be held as required
Meet Our Members
The Chief’s Community Council (CCC) is an advisory council consisting of community members; whose voices, opinions and experiences will assist in shaping the policies and practices of the EPS. Throughout past EPS’ engagement initiatives, common themes of transparency and accountability have emerged as fundamental pillars to effective and meaningful change. Therefore, transparency regarding “who” is advising the EPS is equally as vital as to “what” change the EPS is implementing.
Applications for the 2024-2025 CCC are now open. Please complete the online application by clicking here.
Application deadline is November 30, 2023