The Edmonton Police Service Online Police Reporting Service allows you to submit a sexual assault report immediately.
If this is a life-threatening situation, or a crime in progress, dial 911 immediately.
Definition: Any sexual contact where consent is not given, consent is revoked, or you are unable to consent due to incapacitation.
Click here to see more information on what is sexual assault.
Click here to see more information on consent.
Examples: Touched in a sexual manner by a stranger (i.e. on a bus, in a pool), or by a known person (i.e. partner, co-worker), forced sexual intercourse or acts.
You should NOT file an online report if any of the following is true:
- You are in danger - If so, call 9-1-1.
- The event occurred within the last 7 days.
- There is evidence that may be lost if it not collected immediately, such as DNA (see Sexual Assault Online Reporting Frequently Asked Questions).
- Your e-mail is not secure or is shared and you may be in danger if you receive emails from the EPS.
If you answered yes to any of these points, or if you would prefer not to use the online reporting option, please use one of the alternate reporting options listed below:
- Call the Edmonton Police Service non-emergency number at (780) 423-4567.
- Go to the hospital and ask to see a SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) nurse.
For more details on the options above, please look at what you can expect when reporting a sexual assault.
If you have any questions on the reporting a sexual assault online, please look at our Sexual Assault Online Report Frequently Asked Questions.
Once you complete your online report the following will occur:
- You will see the words: "Your online police report has been submitted". This indicates that your report was successfully submitted.
- You will be given a temporary police report number.
- All cases filed using the Online Reporting System will be reviewed within 7 business days.
- Once processed, you will receive a permanent police report number that replaces the temporary one.
- If you are submitting this report to initiate a police investigation you will be contacted by an investigator within 10 business days.
- If you are submitting this report for information purposes only, we will not contact you.
The personal information in this online report will be collected, used and disclosed for the purposes outlined in Sections 33 to 43 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPP) Act and other legal requirements where they are consistent with the FOIPP Act. If you have any questions regarding the collection of information, contact the Edmonton Police Service, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Unit, 9620 – 103 A Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5H 0H7.