I wish to have my submission classified as a Citizen Concern
Description: The information you submit will be documented and you will be contacted by the Professional Standards Branch. The Citizen Concern process allows your concern to be addressed in a timely manner, which may include: coaching, mentoring, and/or officer development, or an explanation of police procedures.
- Concerns about the officer's conduct (i.e. professionalism, communication, driving)
- Concerns about the investigation (i.e. how it was conducted)
- Concerns about the EPS (i.e. policy, procedure)
- The citizen concern may be provided to the officer's Chain of Command for their attention and information.
- A supervisor may contact you to discuss the concern and the follow-up will be documented by the Professional Standards Branch.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your Citizen Concern, you have the option of initiating a Police Act complaint.