Please scroll down for an important Police Information Check update.
We are currently working on a backlog of Police Information Checks and are working on applications received on November 23. We will not respond to status inquiries until the date you applied has passed.
Results are available in your account for 31 days from completion. Please make sure you download a copy within this timeframe if desired.
1. Police Information Checks
- The online Police Information Check application process is fully electronic, including the results.
- The Police Information Checks are all completed by members of the Edmonton Police Service.
- Click here for information on applying for a Police Information Check.
2. Civil Fingerprint Services are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for walk-in applicants. Please note our business hours before attending the office.
- We will advise you if fingerprints are required in order to complete your Police Information Check
- Click here for information on Fingerprinting services.
3. Local Police Records Check Click here for more information.
**Police Information Check Update**
The Edmonton Police Service is currently reviewing our process for Police Information Checks for youths and will not accept youth applications while the review is ongoing. While we have no estimated time of completion, we are attempting to complete it as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
This review does not include Police Information Checks requested on behalf of a governmental agency (Federal, Provincial or Municipal.) Police checks for these purposes will continue to be accepted.
Information on the result of the review will be posted on our website once it is available.