Please scroll down for an important Police Information Check update.
We are currently working on a backlog of Police Information Checks and are working on applications received on June 7. To focus on addressing the backlog we are going to temporarily close our doors for in person applications from July 6 to 26. Fingerprint Services and online application will continue to be offering during this time. We will not respond to status enquiries until the date you applied has passed.
1. Apply for your police information check online (PIC results 7-10 business days)
- Please refer to the Online Application Frequently Asked Questions for answers to the most common issues.
- If your question is not answered in the Online Application Frequently Asked Questions, please email email@example.com.
- Please do not attend Police Headquarters or any divisional police station if you experience issues with the online application process, need to have your ID verified or if you have any questions about your Police Information Check.
2. If you cannot apply online, you may book an appointment to submit your police information check application and pay at the Police Information Check Section Office.
- PIC applications will not be accepted at Divisional Stations.
- After you have submitted your application in person, your results will be mailed to you. There is no ‘on-the-spot’ processing service. Click here for further information.
3. Civil Fingerprint Services are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for walk-in applicants. Please note our business hours before attending the office.
- We will advise you if fingerprints are required in order to complete your Police Information Check
- Click here for information on Fingerprinting services.
** Please note: to access the online application form, use Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox **
**Police Information Check Update**
The Edmonton Police Service is currently reviewing our process for Police Information Checks for youths and will not accept youth applications while the review is ongoing. While we have no estimated time of completion, we are attempting to complete it as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
This review does not include Police Information Checks requested on behalf of a governmental agency (Federal, Provincial or Municipal.) Police checks for these purposes will continue to be accepted.
Information on the result of the review will be posted on our website once it is available.
The online Police Information Check application process is fully
electronic, including the results that are emailed back to each
applicant. The Police Information Checks are all completed by members of
the Edmonton Police Service.