Notice: There will be a scheduled outage of the online PIC application system on Friday January 15, 2021 that will start at approximately 7:30pm MST and continue until approximately 9:30pm MST. Connectivity will be sporadic during this time. System maintenance is also being conducted during this time period. Police Information Check applicants are encouraged to either apply in good time prior to 7:30pm or wait until after 9:30pm.
- NOW AVAILABLE: submit your police information check online
- Please note that PIC applications will not be accepted at EPS divisions.
- If you experience any difficulty with the online application process, please contact Triton customer support by calling 1-844-874-8667 or emailing email@example.com.
- If you cannot apply online, you may book an appointment to attend the Police Information Check office to submit your application and pay. Please note that after you have submitted your application in person, your results will be mailed to you which may take 7 – 10 days to arrive. Click here for further information.
** Please note: to access the online application form, use Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox **
The online Police Information Check application process is fully
electronic, including the results that are emailed back to each
applicant. The Police Information Checks are all completed by members of
the Edmonton Police Service and the Certificate containing the results is
attached to the results email. The Certificate contains the Crest of the
Edmonton Police Service and includes instructions on how employers can validate
the authenticity of the document. View the example here.
Our goal is that all Online PICs that are ‘clear’, i.e., that have no information to disclose, will be completed by next business day. Applicants are urged to ensure that all information entered into the online system is completely accurate, as errors will result in delays or termination of application.
The EPS remains committed to maintaining a high level of service with respect to providing police information checks and fingerprinting services to the community.
Police Information Check Holiday Hours:
- Christmas Eve - Thursday, December 24, 2020 - 8:00am to 11:00am
- Christmas Day – Friday, December 25, 2020- CLOSED all day
- Boxing Day – Saturday, December 26, 2020 – CLOSED all day
- Sunday December 27, 2020 – CLOSED all day
- Monday December 28, 2020 – CLOSED all day
- New Year’s Eve - Thursday, December 31, 2020 - 8:00am to 12:00pm
- New Year’s Day - Friday, January 1, 2021 - CLOSED all day
Regular operating hours will resume on Monday, January 4, 2021.
Citizens are urged to continue referring to this page where further updates will be posted.
Services Provided by the Police Information Check Section